Sunday, August 23, 2009

Round Robins and Cracker Blocks



This week continued to be busy - more to do than time to get it done. I guess that is better than to be bored. Honestly I cannot remember ever being bored. I truly believe if if you enjoy needle work you never get bored because there is always something to work on or want to do.


This week I finished the Round Robin for Carol and mailed it. I can't show you a picture of it until she gets it. I do think it turned out very nice. Because I mailed Carol's RR, I now opened my RR which came from Cindy and OH my, the borders that Carol and Cindy added are wonderful and really are in tune with the spirit of the centre block. Many thanks to you, girls. I had made the centre block for a competition 3 years ago.




I have been working on the Friendship Cracker blocks for a swap. They are all sewn but need to be labeled and pressed. I hope the girls will like flowers because that is what they are getting from me.





Because of the time of the year there are vegetables available to put away for the winter. One day I blanched corn and did up 29 little bags for the freezer and the next day I did up 17 bags of beans. I really should try to get some more beans. In the next week or two I will get some peaches to can. I don't do near the amount of canning and freezing that I did when the children were young and I often had a few extras at the table that were there to help with the farm work.


I have a few stitching projects that need to be finished this week. That is what I will work on first then my choices of stitching will be what ever my heart desires to do for a little while.



Happy stitching!



Karen

No comments: