Friday, August 7, 2009

Welcome to my Blog!

Hi, This is my first post to blogger. I will try to share my quilting journey with you. My daughter who is my source of technical information is leaving for South Africa tomorrow via USA. So I hope I can manage to do this. I am posting a couple photos of recent finishes. This is a wall hanging for my best friend for her 60th birthday. It is made of blocks from Sylvia's Bridal Sampler by Jennifer Chiaverini. The blocks I chose for this quilt were ones I did for a red and white SBS swap ( only in teal and beige ), blocks with 4-patches and 9-patches as my friend likes those blocks so much and a few others that I like.
The second photo is my version of Noah's Ark designed by Lynette Anderson. My borders are a little wider than the pattern so I had to add a few extra strips to make everything fit.
Besides patchwork which I have been doing for a number of years, I have been doing a fair bit of hand embroidery this past year.
I usually have a number of projects on the go at a time. I don't get bored but on the other hand it takes longer to get a project finished.



Happy stitching!!

1 comment:

shelley said...

Hi Karen. I'm sending you warm wishes to the success of your blog, and thinking of you and your daughter as she takes on this journey. Hugs from Michigan.